Friday, November 9, 2012

Christmas Dress sewing pattern

Even though it isn't even Thanksgiving, the stores are already getting people excited about Christmas! It was the last thing on my mind until this week. I started wondering what my little kids would wear and I came up with this dress sewing pattern!




After searching for the perfect and easy sewing pattern to sew my daughter's dress and unable to find one, I set out to make a PDF sewing pattern for it to add to my Seamingly Smitten sewing pattern collection here.

If you know me and the styles that I am drawn to (besides bold and outrageously fun colors!) you know that I ADORE classic styles. I wanted to create a dress that had a classic scooped neckline, long sleeves that gathered three quarters of the way down, had a single button closure in the back, a long sash and a bubble skirt. To me, this design screamed party dress!

Here are some fun pictures my daughter took in her dress yesterday when she tried it on for the first time. She still wore her school shoes and socks and refused to wear a bow, but you know what? It didn't matter, she was still precious!! (I didn't add the button yet - that's why you can see that tiny pin.)

She's already searching for the holiday decorations!


 
Stay tuned! I will let you know when this PDF sewing pattern for beginners is ready!
 

1 comment:

a Matula ikrek said...

It's nice to see the lovely Miss Catherine again, she grew a lot. Her new dress is adorable. :o)