Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sewing Pattern - Women's Dress - take 3

I've really been having fun designing this sewing pattern for women!!! This dress looks simple, but has some details that make it special. First this dress has hidden inseam pockets. I don't know about you but I really love when dresses include pockets. Just for those quick errands or a trip to the park - it's a great place for keys and a cell phone - rather than throwing them on the ground next to the park swings.


The neckline features two of my favorite details - the scoopneck and the pleated front. Scoopnecks are flattering when they aren't too low cut. With this dress you don't have to worry about having a v-necked dress that possibly falls too low. When that happens to me I'm not going to pass up the dress in the store, but it will make me think about what will go under it - a bandeau top or tank top - or if I will have to alter the dress to pull it up at the shoulders. So when it came to making this dress, it features the classic scoopneck. It is modest but not too uptight and gives this dress a fresh, young and modernly chic look.


To give the dress' neckline a little pizzazz, rather than having your basic scooped neck, I went with a pleated detail. This draws your eyes towards the gathered pleats at the neckline while giving the bust some shape. The waist is accentuated since it is cinched with a sash or belt.

To me, this is an updated classic look and I cannot wait for YOU TO SEW ONE!! This dress sewing pattern will be one that you will LOVE TO SEW and LOVE to have in YOUR CLOSET!

I'm hoping to have this finished by the weekend and then I will call out for pattern testers. Be on the lookout on Facebook.

And if you haven't entered our NAME THIS SEWING PATTERN CONTEST, check it out here and get your name in TODAY! 

Happy Sewing!
Jenny

3 comments:

Kelli said...

It looks great! I LOVE pockets in dresses!!!

soisewedthis said...

Looks like a cute modern summer dress and i love your fabric choices! and pockets, yay!

Jeanne said...

I need to lose more weight before I buy this dress. I like that the neckline isn't too low. That appeals to me!