Tuesday, April 17, 2012

One Hot Top

Can I tell you how much I LOVE receiving emails with pictures of customer creations? Well, seriously, it TRULY makes my day! And today was one of those very inspiring days when I got an email from Maridith, from the blog Strictly Homemade. Maridith has been a customer, pattern tester, blogging friend and guest poster and she's one amazing seamstress!

She combined 2 of my Seamingly Smitten patterns to create this top below. Keep reading for the how-to!
First of all, isn't this SUPER CUTE on her? I think it's one trendy and hot top and this Momma of 3 pulls it off with such beauty and grace!
This is what Maridith says:

"I wanted to send you a picture of the shirt I made last night. It is based on your Miss Mod top but I made some small changes and I thought you would be interested since it also combos the Drop Waist Dress sewing pattern you have as well. I love the outcome and got tons of compliments on it this morning at MOPs.

This is what I did:
1. I curved the bottom corners.
2. Instead of a belt I made 4 stitched rows of shirring at the waist in a contrasting thread.
3. I made bias tape from the shirt material for the neck to give it a little something up top.
4. Last I made a matching flower corsage just because!

I hope you like it. It was inspired from 2 of your patterns!
Thank you!"

Maridith, this inspires me to run into my sewing room right now and sew myself one! Thank you for sending this in and customer please keep the pictures coming!
You never know who you will inspire to start sewing!

Happy Sewing!Jenny

No comments: