Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sunglass Case Tutorial

I never wear sunglasses. Never. I always think they look funny on my face or I can never find the right shape. BUT I love sunglasses! I think other people look great in them. My husband has always wanted the aviator style sunglasses and I didn't want him to get them because when he wanted them they weren't popular. Like for the last 10 years! I tried kindly suggesting back then that they were a little Top Gun"ish" for him. But now they are everywhere and I'm kind of loving them!




Anyway I finally found a pair that I love and I feel they fit my oval shaped (long) face. YAY! So I wanted to get/make a case for them. Things always get scratched up in my purse or diaper bag or in the console, so I wanted these to be a little safer. So I whipped up a new Sunglass Case Tutorial! Enjoy!

Sunglass Case Tutorial


Materials:

12 inches x 11 inches fabric

12 inches x 11 inches lining fabric (something soft)

scissors, thread, sewing machine

sunglasses :)

1. Cut your fabric and your lining. Lay your lining fabric right side DOWN and lay your outer fabric on top, right side UP.

2. Fold each piece of fabric in a half inch along one edge (on the 11 inch side). The folded edges should touch each other. Press this edge with an iron.

3. Sew down this edge only using a 1/8 inch seam allowance. Clip threads.


4. Fold in half lengthwise with right sides together of your main fabric. Pin the outer edge. Sew this long edge using a 5/8 inch seam allowance.

5. Lay your seam in the center like shown above. This will be your back center seam. Press down with an iron and pin the bottom /unsewn edge.


6. Sew along this line using a 5/8 inch seam allowance.

7. Turn inside out and PRESTO! You have a very chic sunglass holder! (Next time I would have added a rosette or a ruffle before I began sewing. But these are so easy to whip up I just might make another one soon!)



Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great information. Lucky me I recently found your blog
by chance (stumbleupon). I have bookmarked it for later!


My web site; 90 day cash advance loans