Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cascading Ruffle Top with Sleeves

I knew my next project had to be with ruffles...they are everywhere and not going away. :) And I LOVE THEM! I just didn't know what I wanted to do so I browsed the Anthropologie site and decided to combine a few of my favorites. I took the basics of these....

And created my own version of something more my style. Here is the Cascading Ruffle Top made of navy blue matte jersey. I traced a shirt I had and added about 3 inches on each side and widened the sleeve hole. Then I sewed the pieces together, ruffled a long strip, sewed it onto the front, cut out 2 sleeves, added them to the shirt and then zigzagged the neckline and armholes to give it a frilled look. I left the bottom edges raw because this fabric doesn't fray.

And here it is with some jeggings and gold sandals. I need a new model! It's hard to take pictures of myself without feeling funny and the poses are all the same...boring! :) Maybe my sister will be up for some modeling next time!

10 comments:

Falafel and the Bee said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute. Fabulous job!
www.falafelandthebee.com

Abbi said...

That looks lovely. Great job!

Sachiko said...

You look stunning! Great job!

Tricia said...

Looks great. I've been wanting to try a top with a bit more drape. Great job.

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Really cute! I like the way you combined the two ideas into something great! Love that ruffle down the front.
Stopping by from The Train to Crazy! ;)

Dorian said...

Very cute! I love that you mixed teo tees. Soooo adorable and looks great! Good job.

Happy Mom's Daily said...

How pretty! I love that you made the pattern yourself, I always love when I can pull something like that off because it's so unique and EXACTLY how I want it =) Beautiful job!!

Jennifer said...

You are a great model....the shirt came out fab. I love that you combined a few different looks!

Bonnie Weeks said...

That looks great! I love it.

Lorena said...

Wow!! this is really cute!! very nice job!!