Thursday, June 3, 2010

Boy Outfit! Shorts and Whale Applique Shirt

Summertime!
I find it so hard to come up with new things for my little boy, John Patrick. Since he's 2 I feel I can't dress him in rompers (shortalls) anymore and I wish I would have put him in them more when he was younger! :) I think that's why I'm dressing my baby girl in dresses all the time.

Once again I used a seersucker with bright colors (have you noticed those are my favorite?) to make a pair of shorts, then matched it with a whale applique on a t-shirt.

So simple, so summery and Southern preppy at its best. :)

This creation can be seen on these fabulous blogs!


giveaways


7 comments:

Amber said...

Good job! I found you on SomeWhatSimple. I too have a little guy (13 M) who is always left out when it come to what I make for him. His sister on the other hand endless creations for her. Glad I found your blog, you will have to come check mine out too SewTotallySmitten.blogspot.com

raggygirlvintage said...

So cute, I love plaids! I sewed for my kids all the time when they were smaller, kinda miss it, guess that's why I'm still playing with fabrics! Burlap, muslin and toile are my current favs!
That whale is the best!
Tracey

Andrea said...

I have that same fabric and it is just dying to become a pair of cute little shorts! I love yours. The whale is adorable too. I hope you'll stop by and link up to my weekly party Make It Wear It over at TheTrainToCrazy.com!

Kerri said...

I love plaid too! Wish I could learn to sew...bought a sewing machine 3 years ago but still haven't taken a class to learn how to use it!

Roslyn said...

More adorable boy pants I really need to make some for DGS #3

redchuckstress said...

Loving the whale applique. I like it the plaid!

Bonnie Weeks said...

I love it! I need to make my boy some fun preppy shorts, too!