Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Patchwork Madras Plaid Bubble and Boy's John John


Once Spring arrived I started seeing patchwork madras plaid and fell in love with it! I ordered a few yards from http://www.fabric.com/ and couldn't wait for the shipment to arrive! Less than 3 days later it was on the doorstep and I got to work. It was so colorful, lightweight and almost had a playful look to it. I made this bubble for my daughter, Catherine. Then I thought red ribbon would make it "pop" a little more and changed it. I think it brings out her blue eyes...
For my son, John Patrick, I decided to make his Easter outfit with the patchwork madras fabric I chose for him. He just turned 2 and I think next year he might be a little too old for a john john (romper) so once I made this outfit he wore it to every event we had (birthday parties, church, Easter egg hunts...) until it was too warm to wear it.

And of course since we live in the south, I had to monogram it!
I love my little man!!!



5 comments:

Janelle J Brown said...

Awwwww! Cute outfits and cute kids :)

RedHeadedStepChild said...

How about a tute on how to make the boy outfit??? Love it!

www.thatredheadedstepchild.com

Jenny Hall / Seamingly Smitten said...

Sure, I'll do a tutorial for the romper! I'm glad you asked! I'm about to make one in red and snap some pictures and will explain.

Jackie said...

Hi Jenny,
i cant wait for your tute on the romper. its so hard to find instructions on boy clothes, your little man is the cutest.

Unknown said...

would love a tut for the plaid bubble outfit! very cute for summer